Some time back M had this raita at a friend’s place and couldn’t stop talking about how simple yet tasty it was. Yes it was simple and tasty and yes it was so light…
Kaddu / large gourd: 1 nos
curd: 3-4 cups
salt: according to taste
Jeera / cumin seeds: 1 tsp
black pepper: 5 – 6 nos
Chopped coriander: 1 Tbsp
1. Grate the gourd / kaddu and cook it either in a cooker or steamer.
2. Once the kaddu is cooled, set it aside and add curd to it.
3. Roast the jeera and black pepper in a pan, till the jeera is light brown in colour.
4. Grind the jeera and black pepper to a fine powder and add it to the curd mixture.
5. Add chopped coriander leaves to the curd mixture / raita and serve chilled.