Have you ever had a dream…to eat something…you keep dreaming…thinking and one day you either go out and order it or in my case…make it…what was my dream you ask??? The ans is Caramel pudding
This time around, had some condensed milk (Amul Mithaimate) with me so made this with that and all the other ingredients available at home…
Condensed milk : 100 ml
Eggs: 3 nos
Sugar: Add if required ( i added 2 tsp in addition to 100 ml of condensed milk)
Milk: 375 ml
Vanilla Pod: 1 nos
Sugar for caramel: 3/4th cup
water 1 – 2 tbsp
1. In a thick bottom – shallow pan, add the 3/4th cup sugar and water.
2. Heat the pan at a low – med flame till the sugar caramelizes and reached a golden yellow colour.
3. Pour the caramel into an 8 inch round cake mould and let it cool.
4. Slit a vanilla pod length wise, add it to milk and bring the milk to a boil in a vessel.
5. Then add the condensed milk to it and mix well.
6. Let the milk mixture cool and come to room temperature.
7. In a separate vessel, break the three eggs and whisk it.
8. Once the milk mix reaches room temperature, add the eggs and mix well.
9. Using a fine strainer, strain the milk and pour on top of the cooled caramel.
10. Cover the cake mould with aluminium foil.
11. Fill a pressure cooker with 2 -3 inches of water.
12. Place the cake mould inside the pressure cooker and cook / steam the pudding on med flame for 15 – 20 min (do not use the whistle).
13. The pudding is ready when one can see that the pudding still wobbles on the top.
14. To serve, chill the pudding, run a knife around the edges of the mould to loosen the pudding, flip the pudding on a serving plate, cut slices and serve…