Have you ever had a dream…to eat something…you keep dreaming…thinking and one day you either go out and order it or in my case…make it…what was my dream you ask??? The ans is Caramel pudding :)
This time around, had some condensed milk (Amul Mithaimate) with me so made this with that and all the other ingredients available at home…
Condensed milk : 100 ml
Eggs: 3 nos
Sugar: Add if required ( i added 2 tsp in addition to 100 ml of condensed milk)
Milk: 375 ml
Vanilla Pod: 1 nos
Sugar for caramel: 3/4th cup
water 1 – 2 tbsp
1. In a thick bottom – shallow pan, add the 3/4th cup sugar and water.
2. Heat the pan at a low – med flame till the sugar caramelizes and reached a golden yellow colour.
3. Pour the caramel into an 8 inch round cake mould and let it cool.
4. Slit a vanilla pod length wise, add it to milk and bring the milk to a boil in a vessel.
5. Then add the condensed milk to it and mix well.
6. Let the milk mixture cool and come to room temperature.
7. In a separate vessel, break the three eggs and whisk it.
8. Once the milk mix reaches room temperature, add the eggs and mix well.
9. Using a fine strainer, strain the milk and pour on top of the cooled caramel.
10. Cover the cake mould with aluminium foil.
11. Fill a pressure cooker with 2 -3 inches of water.
12. Place the cake mould inside the pressure cooker and cook / steam the pudding on med flame for 15 – 20 min (do not use the whistle).
13. The pudding is ready when one can see that the pudding still wobbles on the top.
14. To serve, chill the pudding, run a knife around the edges of the mould to loosen the pudding, flip the pudding on a serving plate, cut slices and serve…