World Bread Baking I – Raisin & Walnut Bread loaf
You know what tomorrow is… Oct 16th and that means it is World Bread Baking day…
To celebrate this Monika Manchanda ( Sin-A-Mon) has created an event in Facebook for all to….to..well bake bread..so lets bake..
Remember the rosemary rolls that i made some time back…well here is a variation to that…
Maida: 250 gms
water: 170 – 180 ml
Unsalted butter: 10 gms (2 tsp)
salt: 1 tsp
Fresh yeast: 7.5 gms (1.5 tsp)
Granulated sugar: 10 gms (2 tsp)
Walnuts: 30 gms (chopped)
Raisins: 30 gms
Olive oil: to grease the mold
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
2. Measure all the ingredients and set aside.
3. Take the yeast, sugar and 40 – 50 ml of the measured water in bowl and let it sit for a min or so (till we see little bubbles forming)
4. Sieve the maida on the platform, add the yeast & sugar solution to it and start kneading.
5. Add the salt and continue kneading.
6. Add water little by little and knead till the dough becomes a thick mass, at this stage add the butter and knead the dough till all the butter is incorporated into the dough.
7. Continue kneading and add water little by little till the dough becomes nice and soft and spongy.
8. At this stage, place the soft dough inside or under a bigger vessel and let it rest for 10 – 15 mins.
9. Once the dough is rested, knock out or remove the air in dough by flattening the dough with hand.
10. Roll the dough into a thick sausage.
11. Grease the loaf tin / bread mold with oil and set it aside.
12. Place the dough inside the bread mold and let it proof in a warm place for at least 30 – 40 mins or till the dough doubles in vol / size.
13. Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 mins / till when you hit on the top of the dough one hears a hollow sound.
14. Remove the bread from inside the bread mold and let it cool before slicing…