A healthy and yet tasty treat..here we go…
Castor sugar: 120 gms
refined / sunflower oil: 110 ml
Eggs: 2 nos
Grated carrot: 110 gms
Maida: 140 gms
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder: 1/2 – 1 tsp ( or as per taste)
Salt: a pinch
1. Sieve maida, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and set aside.
2. In a bowl mix eggs and castor sugar with a whisk till the sugar melts.
3. Add grated carrot, salt and mix well.
4. To this fold in the maida mixture little by little.
5. Add oil and mix.
Note: If you find that the mixture consistency is liquidy (or too wet), add extra 1 -2 tbsp of maida and mix.
6. Grease an 8 ” round cake mold (bottom and sides), place a round 8″ butter paper / parchment paper at the bottom of the cake mold.
7. Pour the cake mixture / batter in the cake mold and bake at 170 – 175 degree C for 20 -25 mins or till a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the cake.
8. Once the cake is cooled, remove from the mold, cut into pieces and serve.