Chocolate & cashew burfi
For some years now, Mahesh has been telling me about the chocolate burfi that his mom used to make for Diwali…somehow I never got around to make it…this year I called his mom, got the recipe and made it…well with some changes. The original recipe is a pure chocolate burfi…i added my twist and made it choc & cashew burfi…
Milk powder: 1 cup
Cocoa powder: 2 tsp
Sugar: 1 cup
Unsalted butter: 1 tbsp
water: 2 tsp
Roasted & powdered cashew: 2 tbsp
1. Mix the milk powder and cocoa powder nicely in a bowl.
2. Melt sugar and water in a pan on medium flame till you reach ball consistency (this is the consistency achieved when you drop some melted sugar in a cup of water, now roll the sugar into a small ball between your thumb and index finger).
3. Switch off the gas and add the butter.
4. Once the butter froths, add the mixed powders, powdered cashew and mix well.
5. Pour the hot mixture on a greased plate and let it cool.
6. Before it completely cools, cut the burfi into pieces and let it completely cool before serving…