Roasted tomato & red bell pepper soup
Its sunday night and i wanted to eat something nice for dinner…which means no south indian or north indian or pasta or pizza…you can see where i am going right… ultimately I decide to make soup, with some bread and sauteed veggies…soup with roasted tomatoes & red bell pepper, sauteed mushrooms & zucchini and muesli bread…
Tomatoes: 1 kg
red bell pepper: 3 nos
garlic: 3-4 cloves
cream : 1/2 cup
salt & pepper to taste
Zucchini: 1 nos
mushroom: 200 gms
salt & chilli flakes to taste
oil / butter : 1 tsp
1.Remove the seeds from inside the tomatoes and slice them into quarters.
2. Place them skin side down, on a tray directly or on parchment paper.
3. Sprinkle olive oil and salt and place them in an oven @ 200 degree centigrade for about 45-60 min or till they are a lill charred.
4. Repeat the same process for the red bell pepper and garlic cloves.
5. Puree the roasted vegges with some salt and cream.
6 Serve hot with garnish of your choice..
1. Chop the zucchini length wise and then into quarters.
2. Chop the mushrooms thinly and set aside.
3. Saute the veggies with butter separately, then add salt & chilli flakes according to taste…