RCI-Rajasthan : Gatte ki Sabzi…
When i came to know about RCI-Rajasthan, i knew what I wanted to make and post…my all time favourite sabzi… Gatte ka sabzi ..a sabzi made up of besan, tomatoes and onions….
For the gatte/ :
Besan :1 cup
turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Saunf : 1 tsp
red chilli powder & salt : according to taste
Dhania and jeera powder: 1-2 tsp each
ajwain: 1/2 tsp
For the gravy:
Onions: finely chopped: 1 nos med size
tomatoes : finely chopped: 2nos med size
curd : niclely beated: 1 cup
Jeera: 2 tsp
Dhania powder: 1 tsp
girnger-garlic paste: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Salt & chilli powder: according to taste
1.Mix all the ingredients for the gatte and make it into a dough using water.
2. Leave the dough closed in a vessel for 15 minutes.
3. Make balls out of the besan mixture and shape them in an elongated fashion as shown in the picture.
4. To cook the gatte there are two methods:
a. steam the elongated shaped gatte like idlis in a pressure cooker for 15 mins or
b. Take some water in a kadai and let it boil, drop these gatte in the boiling water and remove them from the boling water only when they start floating on the surface of the water.
5. For the gravy, heat oil in a kadai, add jeera to it and let it splutter.
6. Add the finely chopped onion and ginger – garlic paste to this and saute till both the ingredients loose their raw smell.
7. Add the tomatoes and cook them for some time.
8. Parallely, make pieces of the gatte ( appprox 1 inch in size) and fry them in oil.
9. Add the fried gatte to the tomato gravy, add curd and 2 cups of water and let the whole thing simmer for about 20 mins
10. Add salt, chilli powder and dhania powder, turmeric powder to the gravy…
11. Granish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with phulkas…
This is my contribution for RCI-Rajasthan hosted by Padmaja