Come summer, mangoes are available in all sizes and shapes…& before we start eating the ripe mangoes, we get the raw ones…well this is the time of raw mango pickles …yummm isnt it… this mixed rice variety is a one of my favourites….
Raw mango: 1 nos (medium size)
Onion: finely chopped: 2 nos (medium size)
Roasted Peanuts: 1/2 cup
Cooked rice: 4 cups or rice required for two people
turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds: 2 tsp
channa dal: 2 tsp
Ginger:1/2 inch: finely chopped
coriander leaves: for garnish
Green chillies: finely chopped: according to taste
salt: according to taste
1. Wash and grate the mango and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add the mustard seeds, channa dal and saute till the mustard seeds splutter and channa dal becomes brown…
3. Add the onions, green chillies and ginger and saute till the onions turn pink in colour.
4. Add the grated mango, turmeric powder and saute till the mango is cooked nicely.
5. Once the mango is cooked, add the roasted peanuts, salt and rice & mix well…
6. Cook on sim flame for another 1 min…
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot…