Vegetable Pad Thai…
I love this particular dish…usually i have used ready to make pad thai packets where we just need to mix the ingredients and vola it is ready…but this time i decided to make it from scratch…and it turned out quite nice…
Flat rice noodles: 300 gms
Brown sugar: 2 tsp
white sugar: 2 tsp
Soy sauce: 3-4 tsp
Chilli flakes: according to taste
Tamarind concentrate: 2 tsp
Green onions: 5-6 nos
Onions: 2 nos med size
Bean sprouts: 1 cup
Tofu: 200 gms
Peanuts: 100 gms
salt: according to taste
coriander leaves; chopped finely for garnish
oil for frying
1. In a bowl mix sugar, tamarind extract, soy sauce and chilli flakes and set aside.
2. Take a vessel and boil water in it (such that noodles immerses completely in it). Once the water boils, add the noodles and cook till they are al dente… Once the noodles are cooked, remove them in a strainer and wash them in cold water and set aside…
3. Take a non stick kadai or wok and heat oil in it…once the oil is heated, add chopped onions to it.
4. In the wok now add the tofu pieces and fry it till it is fried & well done…( at this one could also add 1 egg and scrable it nicely)
5. Once done…Add the noodles and mix nicely.
6. To this add the sugar/ soy mixture, salt and mix well…cook till the liquid is absorbed well…
7. Switch of the gas and add green onions and bean sprouts and mix well.
8. Garnish with roasted peanuts & coriander leaves and serve hot…