Weekend snack with a twist…
Last saturday around 6.00 PM D (my sis) and M (my hubby) anf me (of course) got hungry and had a craving to eat a snack..something out of the usual and crunchy… so i went to the kitchen and got out whatever was there in my fridge and as my luck would have it on a weekend…not much..but i did have a little dosai maave (Dosa batter)..and by little i had only a couple of table spoons worth..so what to do..well we did manage to have a snack and this is how i made it….hope people like it…
Dosai batter: 3 tablespoons
Onions: Chopped finely : 1 med nos
Ginger: chopped finely: 1 inch
green chillies: chopped finely: according to taste
Curd: 1 tbsp
salt: according to taste
Sooji / rava: a cup
Chopped corriander leaves: 2 tspTwist: 1 tsp of lemon juice
Oil for frying
Twist: 1 tsp lemon juice…
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let it stay for 10-15 minutes..
2. If the batter is too thick, some more curd could be added to get the correct consistency.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, meke take small portions of the batter (either by hand or tsp) and deep fry it.
4. Once the vadai is fried till golden brown remove them on a tissue paper….
5. Serve the tangy rava vadai with hot with chilli/ tomato sauce…