As a part of my new year plan of making new recipes… here is Bharva Bhindi or stuffed bhindi / okra
Besan/ gram flour: 1 cups
Bhindi: 500 gms
Saunf: crushed: 1 tbsp
Dhania / Jeera powder : 1-1.5 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Chilli powder:according to taste
oil for frying
salt according to taste
1. Heat oil in a kadai. Add saunf , besan, little water and masala powders and saute till the raw smell of the besan goes away. Add a little salt and saute for some more time…
2. Once the raw smell from the mixture goes away, remove and keep aside.
3. Slit the bhindis vertically and stuff the besan mixture into the bhindis.
4. Take a shallow kadai and heat oil (2-3 tbsp) in it…
5. Once the oil is heated, place the stuffed bhindis one by one and cook on low heat.
6. Add salt and cook till the bhindis are completely cooked and a little crisp…
7. Remove from the flame and serve hot with rotis…