Nutty & Minty Pasta
Today i decided to make a variation of the pasta that i usually make.. to change the taste decided to add some peanuts and mint leaves as well to see how it tastes…and the end result was quite nice..
Penne Pasta cooked “as dante” : 2 cups
Finely chopped tomatoes: 5 nos
Peas: 1 cup
Finely chopped onions: 1 nos
Button mushrooms: 200 gms
Thinly sliced Carrot: 1 nos
Mint leaves: 20-25
Crushed peanuts: 1/2 cup
Salt: according to taste
Sugar: 1 tsp
crushed Garlic: 3-4 cloves
Dry herbs: Oregano, Rosemary & Red Chilli Flakes: according to taste
Bay leaf: 1 nos
Cheese: 1 cube
1. Heat oil in a vessel, add the onions and garlic and suate till the onions are golden brown in colour.
2. Add tomatoes, Carrots, mushroom and peas and let them cook.
3. Add the dry herbs, little salt and sugar and mix well.
4. Add the mint leaves and bay leaf and mix well.
5. Add the cooked pasta and mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the crushed peanuts, 1/2 cube of cheese and mix well.
7. Grate the rest of the cheese and grill in the microwave for 2 minutes.
8. Serve hot…