Sarson ka Saag & Makke di Roti…
Well this new year i have planned to try out new recipes…make dishes that i have never tried before… so to begin with..here goes Sarson ka saag and makke di roti…
Sarson ka Saag: Ingredients:
Sarson / mustard leaves: 1 bunch
Palak : 1.5 bunch
Tomatoes: 2 nos (medium size)
Onions: 1 nos
Oil: -3 tsp
jeera: 1 tsp
Salt: According to taste
Turmeric / chilli powder: according to taste
Ghee: 1 dollop
ginger-garlic paste: 1 tsp
cheese: 1 cube
Juice of 1 lemon or according to taste
1. Pick the leaves from both the greens and wash them nicely in water.
2. Blanch the greens in boiling water , after 3-4 minutes of blanching the greens, remove them from hot water and immediately wash them with cold water (this helps in retaining the green colour).
3. Puree the onions and tomatoes and set aside.
4. Puree the cooked greens and set aside.
5. Heat oil in a kadai and add jeera to it. Once the jeera starts spluttering.. add the ginger-garlic paste.
6. Once the paste loses the raw smell, add the onion and tomato puree and cook for 4-5 minutes.
7. Now add the pureed greens.. Add salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder ti it and cook for 5-8 minutes.
8. Remove the cooked greens from the flame and add a dollop of ghee and then add lemon juice and set aside.
9. Add 1 cube of cheese and serve hot with makke di roti
Makke di roti: Ingredients:
Maize flour: 1 portion
wheat flour: 1/3rd potion
salt: 1 tsp
oil: 2 tsp
1. Mix all the ingredients with water and knead it into a dough.
2. Cover the dough and Set aside the for 1 hour.
3. Make balls of the dough of size equivalent to 2-3 lemons put together.
4. Take a plastic cover or greased paper for making the rotis.
5. Grease the plastic cover with oil and keep the maize flour ball on it.
6. Slightly wet your hands and pat the balls flat to a desired size.
7. Heat a tava and gently place the makke di roti on the tava with the help of the plastic sheet / cover.
8. Cook the rotis on both sides and set aside on a plate..
9. serve hot with Sarson ka Saag…