Potatoes: 2 nos medium sized
Tomatoes: 3-4 nos medium sized (chopped)
Onions: 1 nos medium size (Chopped)
Diced vegetables (beans, carrots, cauliflower, peas etc): 2 cups
Masalas: Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, dhania powder…
Pav Bhaji masala: 3-4 tsp
Salt according to taste
Cheese: 25-30 gms (grated)
Corriander leaves, finely diced onions: for garnish
Lemon: 1-2 nos
1. Prick the potatoes all around with fork and cook on High for 9-10 mins in the microwave and set aside.
2. Cook the rest of the diced vegetables in the microwave for 10 min on high
(use a lid which has vents or else do not close the microwave container with a lid whiile cooking)
3. Peel the potatoes and dice the cooked potatoes.
4. Take 50% of cooked potatoes and mash them with a ladle or with hand.
5. Take half quantity of the cooked diced vegetables and mash them in a mixer to a pulp and set aside.
6. Take oil in a kadai and heat it. Once the oil is hot add choppped onions and ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
7. Once the onions are cooked, add the chopped tomatoes and saute till the oil seperates from them.
8. Add the various masala powders and saute for some more time.
9. Add all the cooked vegetables (pulp and diced) and mix well.
10. Add salt, pav bhaji masala and let the whole thing simmer for some time.
11. Before serving, add chopped onions, grated cheese, lemon juice and garnish it with corriander leaves
12. Serve hot with toasted pav / bread…