Pirkankai Dosai (Ridgegourd Dosai)
Last week i got really bored of making the usual sambar, rice etc etc…so decided to make a different type of dosa…A dosa made up of ridge gaurd slices..little time consuming but again..pain is gain in taste..
Pirkankai: 800 gms or 3 nos (1 feet long)
Coconut: 150 gms
Raw rice: 200 gms
Dhania seeds: 2 – 3 tsp
Dry red chillies: according to taste
Salt: as per requirement
(click on the thumbnail to get the enlarged picture)
1. Soak the raw rice in water for 1 hr.
2. Grind the soaked rice with coconut, dhania seeds, red chillies, salt in a fine liquidy consistency (consistency- liquidier than our normal dosai batter)
3. Remove the skin of the pirkanki (ridge gaurd) and slice them into round & thin slices.
4. Gather all the slices in a plate and set aside.
5. Take a cup and por the dosai batter into it.
6. Take a dosai pan and heat it and grease it with little oil.
7. Dip each pirkankai slice into the batter and arrange it on the pan as shown in the picture.
8. Once some10-12 slices have been arranged on the pan, pour the batter on it so that the slices are covered with batter.
9. Add some oil to the sides and cover the dosai and cook on low flame till the dosai gets cooked on one side.
10. Flip the dosai and cook the other side too.