Mixed Vegetable Pulao
One of my favourtite preperation during a week day is a simple vegetabe pulao…something which does not take much time and yet is very delicious…
Cut / diced mixed vegetables : 2 cups (incl corn, carrots, beans, potatoes, peas etc)
Cooked Basmati Rice: as per requirement
Whole masalas: Bay leaf: 2 nos, cinamon stick: 1 inch: 1 nos, cloves: 6 nos, badi elaichi: 1 nos
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tsp
Onions: 2 nos medium sized
Soya chunks: 10 nos (Soak the chunks in luke warm water for 20 min, then cut each of the chunks into 4 pieces)
Green Chillies: as per taste
salt: according to taste
1. Cook basmati in a pressure cooker with the whole masalas.
2. Remove the cooked basmati in a plate and set aside to cool.
3. Take a kadai, add onions and saute till it is pink
4. Add ginger garlic paste to this and saute
5. Add chillies and saute
6. Add the vegetables, salt and let it get cooked.
7. Once the vegetables are cooked add the soya chunks and cook for some more time.
8. Add the cooked basmati to the vegetables and mix well.
9. Cover and cook the mixed rice for 10 minutes in low flame.
10. Garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot…