Another of D’s speciality…round and nicely made aloo paratha..eaten with some dahi (curd) and pickle..ahh what a combination…
Boiled Potatoes: 2 nos
Finely choppedonions: 2 nos
Ginger – garlic paste: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds (jeera): 1 tsp
Masala powders: dhania, jeera, chilli powder, turmeric and garam masalas: 1 tsp each
Jaggery: according to taste
salt: according to taste
Corriander leaves: finely chopped: 1/2 cup
For the paratha:
wheat flour : enough to make 8-10 chappatis
refined oil : 2 tsp
salt: 1 tsp
Make a dough with the wheat flour, salt, water and oil and keep aside for 30 – 40 mins
1. For the aloo balls, mash the boiled potatoes (aloo) with salt and turmeric.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add jeera to it and let it crackele.
3. To this add finely chopped onion and saute till the onions are pink in colour
4. Add the ginger and garlic paste, also add all the masala powders and saute for a couple of seconds.
5. Add the mashed potatoes to the kadai and mix well.
6. Add jaggery according to taste. Also add the corriander leaves and mix well.
8. Cook for 2 minutes and then set aside and let it cool
9. Make aloo balls out of this mixture
10. Make chappatis with the dough, keep the aloo balls in the middle, fold and make parathas ….
11. Take a flat pan, heat it and cook the paratha on one side till it turns brown. Turn on the other side and cook it is also brown…add ghee on both sides and flip till the parathas gets nicely cooked and brown in colour…
12. Serve hot with curd and lemon/mango pickle…