Capsicum Rice (with mint)
I have made capsicum rice and phudina rice..so thought of combinig these two and see how it comes out…since i like coconut very much…have also added coconut to get that coconutty, minty flavour in the capsicum rice…
Caspsicum: 3-4 medium sized ones.
Mint: 1-2 handfuls (depending upon how much u like mint, wash it thoroughly before using)
Onion: 1 nos medium size
Coconut: 1/2 – 3/4 cups
Whole masalas: Cloves (3-4), Cinamon stick(1 small one), bay leaf (2 nos)
Green chillies: according to taste
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
Salt: According to taste
oil for sauteing: 3 – 4 tsp
1. Cook the basmati rice seperately, while cooking add the whole masalas also sothat the flavour seeps into the rice.
2. Once the rice is cooked, remove the whole masalas, take out the rice on a plate and set aside to cool.
3. Grind coconut, green chillies and the mint together to form a smooth paste
4. Heat oil in a kadai and add finely diced onions and the ginger garlic paste and saute till the onions are pink in colour.
5. Add the diced capsicum and let it get cooked. Add the required amount of salt to it.
6. Once the capsicums are cooked, add the coconut-mint paste and cook it further. Take care that the coconut does not get burnt.
7. Once this is cooked, add the cooked basmati rice and mix well.
8. Serve hot with curd or potato chips…
9. For garnish, one could add fried kaju…