Semi-ripe mango (medium size) : 2 nos (cut in small cubes)
Onions (Medium size): 1 nos (thinly sliced)
Cabbage: 250 gms (shredded thinly)
Lemon (medium size) : 1 nos
Refined oil 2-3 tsp, mustard seeds for tempering, slit green chilly (according to taste), turmeric powder : 1.5 tsp
salt to taste, corriander leaves (cut) for decoration.
1. Place the onion slices in a bowl and squeeze the juice of one lemon onto the onions and let it stay for 10-15 minutes.
2. Now take a kadai and heat oil in it.
3. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds and once it starts crackling, add the slit green chillies. Add turmeric powder and fry (on slow flame so that the powder does not burn)
4. After almost a min, switch off the gas, add the shredded cabbage (the cabbage need not be completely cooked, 50% cooked is ok), salt to taste and mix well…
5. Layer the cabbage, mangoes and onions(without the lemon juice) one over the other and decorate with corriander leaves…
6. Drizzle the oniony lemon juice on top of the prepared salad…