After a busy office day, i usually like to prepare a dinner which does not take much time…One of the preperations that falls into this category is Mor Kuzhambu, roughly translated as Buttermilk soup ( i guess)…
Kadalai paruppu (Channa Daal) - 1 tsp
Thuvaram paruppu (Toor Daal) - 1 tsp
Coconut – 1/2 cup
Green chillies – depending upon taste
Mor (Buttermilk) – 2 – 3 cups (preferably a little sour)
Cunin seeds – 1-2 tsp
Salt according to taste
Turmeric powder – 1-2 tsp
Cooked & slice White Pumpkin : 150 gms
1. Soak kadalai paruppu, thuvaram paruppu and jeera (cumin seeds) in water for 30 minutes.
2. Grind these soaked daals with coconut and green chillies into a fine chutney.
3. Mix this chutney in buttermilk and add turmeric powder and salt to it.
4. Add the cooked white pumkin to this buttermilk (mor) mixture.
5. Heat the buttermilk mixture till it boils once and remove it away from the stove / gas.
6. Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot with rice…
Always keep in mind that this preperation cannot be reheated again on the gas..Alternatively one could use the microwave oven to heat the Mor Kozhamby